A sweet twist to the legendary recipe of the simple & flavourful chilli garlic prawns is when you blend it with cauliflower & a dash of honey.
I dont think I have been this skeptical about trying out a recipe. Since chilli garlic prawns is such a classic dish, was very sure this recipe would end up being a failed experiment. To my surprise, I cannot wait to make it again!
bought from Fine Foods, Aundh, Pune (map)
- 1 pack peeled & deveined Large Prawns
- 2 Tsp Cold Pressed Organic Mustard Oil
- 1 Tsp NutriOrg Honey
- 1 Tbs Ching’s Dark Soy Sauce
Ingredients bought locally
- 1 small bowl Modern Agro Foods Frozen Green Peas (fresh would be just as good)
- 2 Tbs Finely chopped coriander
- 1 medium sized cauliflower
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 Tsp ginger
- 1 small bowl chopped red bell pepper
- 1 small bowl chopped spring onion
- 1 small bowl chopped zuchini
- Chop cauliflower then grate it finely / whizz it in a mixer, till it is as fine as rice
- Heat oil in a pan and saute garlic & ginger
- Stir in prawns and cook till they are well done
- Remove & keep aside
- Heat oil again in a pan & add bell pepper, zuchini, spring oinion, peas & cauliflower
- Add the dressing (soy sauce & honey)
- Drizzle mustard oil
- blend in chopped coriander
- Add the prawns
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Very filling & serves 2.
We immediately dug in and wiped the bowl clean! 🙂